Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why I Want to Write: Hopes and Ambitions for Future

I have been staying 1500 miles away from my native place for 16 years. When I left my native home first time, I had a dream, which seemed possible then, that I would earn enough money in next 10 years, by taking up jobs away from home town, to be able to begin a small independent business at my native place and live with my parents happily there. I had also even planned to renovate my ancestral house and make available all the basic facilities there for a family of five.
I have done six job switchovers in my sixteen years of career. The monetary gains in every job switchovers were just enough to compensate the contemporary inflationary pressure on the cost of living, leaving no room for me to save money for future. When I look my financial position today, I find myself in the same place where I was in 16 years back.
But not very far, just three years back, in the year 2005, when I saw first time a print advertisement of “writers Bureau “in a news paper, I felt a ray of hope for financial freedom. I gave no second thought and immediately subscribed for one of its courses. Although my preoccupation in some other projects then, could not allow me to pursue the course seriously. However, now I have decided to complete this course with full of dedication and devotion.
My hope with this course is to hone my writing skills to a publishable standard and my ambition is to adopt this writing art as my full time profession and make it the main source of income over the period of time, working from native home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to drop your comment on the blog-post as to what comes in your mind; we are keen to know your thoughts.